[support] Dev Site Impact Impact on Server Resources

Greg Knaddison Greg at GrowingVentureSolutions.com
Mon Sep 27 16:44:47 UTC 2010

It's unlikely it would cause a problem, but it's totally possible. For
example, if you have a task that completely consumes the CPU/Disk/RAM
then having 1 user running that task would slow down the other sites.

Given that it's unlikely, I suggest you "try it and see."  Get a
monitoring service for the live sites that shows their performance. If
you notice it degrading after you setup this crazy site you'll know
you've got a problem.

FWIW, I like pingdom.com for monitoring.

Cheers,
Greg

--
Greg Knaddison | 720-310-5623 | http://growingventuresolutions.com