[support] Portfolio page suggestions in Drupal 7

Cesar Covarrubias cesar at consultcdc.com
Sun Aug 7 19:16:40 UTC 2011

Hi All,

I figured it would be a good idea to document how I (finally) was able
to get this working like I wanted. I deployed in Drupal 7 using Views 3,
and Gallery Formatter modules.

"Portfolio" node with Gallery (/portfolio/[node:title]))

1)Create new content type with the following types: Title, Body (or
Description), Image.

2)Go into the "Manage Fields" windows and change the "Preview image
style" to "galleryformatter_thumb". Set number of files appropriately (I
set unlimited).

3) Go to "Manage Display" and change the Format to "jQuery Gallery".

"Portfolio" page to display all "Portfolio" content types (/portfolio)

1) Create a view in Views (duh) with the title you want to give the page.

2)Set the Format to Grid. Settings are your choice, but to keep things
clean I did a 3 wide node.

3)Set "Show" to fields, and select the fields from the nodes you want to
display. I did things simple: the image and the title of the node.

4)Add Filter Criteria to search for Content type "Portfolio"

Let me know if anyone has questions or if I wasn't clear on anything.
Hopefully this helps other beginners.

Very Respectfully,
Cesar Covarrubias