[support] Portfolio page suggestions in Drupal 7

tony maciejowski tony at tony-mac.com
Sun Aug 7 19:56:49 UTC 2011

Thanks Cesar. Very helpful. I have been wrestling with researching and
trying to decide which way to go with a similar gallery. Is it possible you
publicize the link of your final version?

Tony

On Sun, Aug 7, 2011 at 12:16 PM, Cesar Covarrubias <cesar at consultcdc.com>wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I figured it would be a good idea to document how I (finally) was able
> to get this working like I wanted. I deployed in Drupal 7 using Views 3,
> and Gallery Formatter modules.
>
> "Portfolio" node with Gallery (/portfolio/[node:title]))
>
> 1)Create new content type with the following types: Title, Body (or
> Description), Image.
>
> 2)Go into the "Manage Fields" windows and change the "Preview image
> style" to "galleryformatter_thumb". Set number of files appropriately (I
> set unlimited).
>
> 3) Go to "Manage Display" and change the Format to "jQuery Gallery".
>
> "Portfolio" page to display all "Portfolio" content types (/portfolio)
>
> 1) Create a view in Views (duh) with the title you want to give the page.
>
> 2)Set the Format to Grid. Settings are your choice, but to keep things
> clean I did a 3 wide node.
>
> 3)Set "Show" to fields, and select the fields from the nodes you want to
> display. I did things simple: the image and the title of the node.
>
> 4)Add Filter Criteria to search for Content type "Portfolio"
>
> Let me know if anyone has questions or if I wasn't clear on anything.
> Hopefully this helps other beginners.
>
> Very Respectfully,
> Cesar Covarrubias
>
> On 8/4/11 4:32 AM, Marilyn Langfeld wrote:
> > Hi folks,
> >
> > It's possible that other modules are needed, in particular the D7 Media
> > module, which is also installed in DrupalGardens. That's why I suggested
> > trying this out there, to see if it meets your needs. Here's a link to
> > the documentation: http://www.drupalgardens.com/documentation/gallery
> >
> > And here's the intro to that page:
> >

> >       Add media galleries to a new Drupal Gardens site
> >
> > *Create multi-media galleries on your Drupal Gardens website.* Your
> > users can see slideshows of your images and YouTube videos
> > <http://youtube.com/> displayed in a lightbox
> > <http://www.drupalgardens.com/documentation/gallery#lightbox> floating
> > above your site or you can display individual items on their own pages.
> > The Drupal Gardens media gallery automatically creates thumbnails of
> > your images for you, pulls in video descriptions directly from YouTube
> > and more. You just tag
> > <http://www.drupalgardens.com/glossary/26#term1301> and label your
> > stuff, arrange your galleries and items via drag and drop and you are
> > ready to go!
> >

> > Only thing to note is that only YouTube video can be added for now to
> > galleries.
> >

> > Best, Marilyn
> >

> > On Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 11:34 PM, Ms. Nancy Wichmann
> > <nan_wich at bellsouth.net <mailto:nan_wich at bellsouth.net>> wrote:
> >
> >     As far as I can tell, Media Gallery only puts the gallery
> >     title below the gallery pictures. And it will only put the
> >     picture title below the individual pictures. Therefore it does not
> >     meet his need. But this is only based on a few hours of my playing
> [...]

*tony maciejowski** | analyst/programmer  | websites |
tony at tony-mac.com<t_maciejowski at hotmail.com>
*

*Twitter: anntosh* | *Cell: 323.899.6206* | *Linked-In:* *Anthony
Maciejowski*