[support] Updating Themes and modules in Drupal 7x

Jamie Holly hovercrafter at earthlink.net
Fri Aug 19 12:43:09 UTC 2011

It needs the same FTP login details that you would use to manually
upload modules and themes. This information isn't exposed to PHP, as
that would be an even greater security risk.

One of the most secure ways to update is via SFTP/SSH. This isn't a
default option in Drupal, since a vast majority of Drupal sites run on
shared hosting and a lot of those don't offer SFTP/SSH.

As far as Drush, can you elaborate on "breaks"? Breaks can mean a lot of
things (WSOD, Screen full of error messages, keys flying off the
keyboard and shooting at you in a Matrix bullet fashion).

Jamie Holly
http://www.intoxination.net
http://www.hollyit.net