[support] video and audio in Drupal7

Dick Hoogendijk dick at nagual.nl
Mon Aug 22 16:30:06 UTC 2011

I'm rebuilding a TYPO3 site to Drupal7. Afaik this is the lates and
greatest release. However, it seems as if lots of modules are not ready
(yet) for D7. Quit a few programmers promise a stable mature module by
the time D7 is relased but all I see is a lot of betas and even alphas.
OK, no big deal, I can wait, but the question for me is, where do I wait
for? And what is a 'waste of time'?

I want two things with audio/video.

[1] a special audio/video content type which displays all kind of video
formats, *including* FLV and MP3 audio.
For this and after watching
http://www.mediafront.org/dallas-drupal-days-2011-presenting-media I
feel that Mediafront (A front end media solution for Drupal) w/ OSM
player is the way to go. Have still to learn how thing work exactly but
the results were very impressive.

[2] Secondly I want to have an article content type able of *embedding*
video/mp3 like a flv flash movie or a sound snippet together with the
text of the article. This seems much harder to accomplish. Most stuff is
outdated or in beta/alpah fase. A couple of days ago I looked into the
CKEditor SWF enhanced Flash embedding plugin (I already use CKEditor)
but this was no succes on my D7.7 system.

I would welcome any advice on these two matters. What to wait for / try
out? Where lies the future of sound/video and Drupal7.