[support] mail issue: new user registration email not being sent

Bill Traynor btraynor at mvista.com
Tue Aug 23 14:43:29 UTC 2011

On Tue, Aug 23, 2011 at 10:36 AM, Earnie Boyd
<earnie at users.sourceforge.net>wrote:

> Bill Traynor wrote:
> > On Tue, Aug 23, 2011 at 10:11 AM, Joel Willers <joel.willers at sigler.com
> >wrote:
> >
> >> Is it possible that the site has been black listed?
> >>

> > When I register as a new user the site tells me that further instructions
> > have been emailed to the address I've provided.  However, I do not see
> the
> > mail being generated in /var/log/maillog.
> >
> > I can manually send email from the box, bot from the command line and via
> > php, so I'm a little lost.  I'm tempted to just start upgrading.
>
> Anything in the watchdog log that might give a clue?  You probably have
> some contrib module getting in the way of the mail being sent.  Try
> disabling modules 1 by 1 to determine if that is the case.

Nope, nothing in the watchdog logs.

Interestingly, when I turn on Messaging Debug, I can successfully send a
test email.  So the problem lies with the new user registration form.  I'm
using reCaptcha on the form, which causes the page not to be cached.  I
wonder if that is the issue, as the form would be completed by the anonymous
user.

> --
> Earnie
> -- http://progw.com
> -- http://www.for-my-kids.com

Bill Traynor
Technical Writer & Community Manager of Meld.org
MontaVista Software, LLC
2929 Patrick Henry Drive
Santa Clara, CA 95054