[support] Drupal7 should send notification about updates

Jamie Holly hovercrafter at earthlink.net
Wed Dec 14 19:05:24 UTC 2011

Adding to what Jason said, 99% of the time this turns out to be a server
issue. I've got about a 1/2 dozen Drupal 7 sites running that I get
notifications from all the time, so it's working in Drupal.

Check your reports for PHP errors relating to mail. You can also quickly
check if mail is working by logging out then requesting a new password
for your account. It won't change your password unless you click the
link in the email, so just ignore it (if you get it) and log back in
then check out the reports.

If Drupal isn't spitting out an error in the log, then there's something
wrong on the server. You can check the mail logs for hints and try
sending mail straight from a terminal window (if you have access to
these). These can sometimes turn into a real pain to track down and the
easiest alternative is generally using the SMTP module and configure it
to use something like GMail to send you site's emails with.

Jamie Holly
http://www.intoxination.net
http://www.hollyit.net