[support] Library management system - help

Siva Subramanian siva.thanush at gmail.com
Thu Feb 3 05:27:57 UTC 2011

Hi,
I am using drupal for the past 10 months,
I found that by posting things to support at drupal.org
gives us some ideas or feedback,

I am building an online library management system.

The ordered book gets delivered to the member's place manually.
The same will be done to pick up the book if a member wishes to return the
book.

I am using a content type to store the book details.
Ratings and reviews are enabled and can be made by the member for
each book.
Each member has his own profile, which includes his personal details as well
as the status of the book (borrowed/currently reading, Already read, Added
to wishlist).

A two column panel is used, one showing the list of books in a grid view and
other showing the complete details about the book selected.
Along with the details shown, it also must display three options buttons for
the member to proceed.

The three options includes,
1. Borrowing a book
2. Marking book as 'already read'
3. Adding the book to wishlist

I want to display these options using radio buttons.
if borrowing a book is selected it must be added to the "currently reading "
status of the book in his profile.

Can anyone please guide me how to accomplish this task using drupal.

--
Siva
Chennai, India.