[support] Organic Groups

Shai Gluskin shai at content2zero.com
Fri Feb 4 15:33:41 UTC 2011

HI Sara,

I haven't used Organic Groups for 7, but most of what you are trying to do
is pretty straightforward. First I should say... if you need your site up
ASAP and you don't have developer support, you might consider D6. In a month
or two, things will be a lot better with D7, so if you can be patient
obviously there are big advantages to D7.

Regarding per user access (only some members have access to...), you want:

   1. Content access: http://drupal.org/project/content_access (a lot of
   work is being done on the D7 version at: http://drupal.org/node/690610)
   2. ACL: http://drupal.org/project/acl (there is already a D7 beta
   version)

#4 built in to OG as long as you make the group "Private"
#5 only viewable by group. As long as you set the message to private this
will work.
#6, built in basic to OG
#2, built in
#8, I'm not sure what you mean by "roles assigned to members of a group",
like what for example. "Administering group members" is something that comes
built in with Organic Groups and you don't use the Core-based permissions
system. With the OG admin interface, any current group admin can assign
another member of that group to also be an admin.
#9 The "audience" feature cover you there. On a per node (content) basis you
can set the audience for that piece of content.

I think that gets you goin'.

Do report back,

Shai Gluskin
Owner, Content2zero Web Development