[support] Organic Groups

Hasti Ziaimatin h.ziaimatin at uq.edu.au
Fri Feb 4 06:48:26 UTC 2011

Hi All,

I'm new to Drupal and have recently installed Drupal 7 release version and the Organic Groups (OG) module. However, I can't seem to be able to configure permissions and roles to facilitate our access control specifications. I appreciate your help in providing me with a guideline to enable me to satisfy the following access control specifications:

Access control should be implemented for a knowledgebase system that facilitates collaborative knowledge management and research in a particular medical domain.

1.       Groups need to be created; these groups represent entities with knowledge and expertise in the particular medical domain

2.       Every group has an "owner" that can add members to the group

3.       The group owner loads/adds patient cases into the knowledgebase as content for the corresponding group

4.       Only members of the group can view these contents

5.       Contents loaded/added to a group cannot be viewed by members of other groups

6.       Members can only add content to the group/s of which they are a member

7.       Specific content in a group may need to be visible only to some members of the group

8.       Roles assigned to members of a group should be restricted to only that group unless the group owner specifically assigns that role to the user in another group.

9.       We would also like to look into enabling members of a group to have access to a subset of contents from another group.

Your help is much appreciated. I also looked at using OG User Roles (OGUR) ; however, this module isn't available for Drupal 7.

Kind Regards,
Sara