[support] submitting date values to database using date_popup type form api

Ursula Pieper dramamezzo at gmail.com
Fri Feb 4 17:26:14 UTC 2011

This is really a mysql question. You should review the date section in
the mysql manual:
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/datetime.html

In short: If it's just a date, then then "date" type would be the most
appropriate.
There are several examples on how to populate the field in that manual
page. yyyy-mm-dd would work, as would yyyymmdd and a couple of other
options.
mysql retrieves the date field type as yyyy-mm-dd.

Ursula