[support] Select different theme

Leonard den Ottolander.nl drupal at den.ottolander.nl
Mon Feb 7 16:11:46 UTC 2011

Hello Carl,

On Sun, 2011-02-06 at 20:59 -0700, Carl Wiedemann wrote:
> I'm not sure if this has changed in Drupal 7, but in Drupal 6, users
> need the permission "administer site configuration" in order to access
> the path admin/build/themes.

Ouch. I was afraid you would say that. "Administer site configuration"
gives way too many permissions for my use case.

So "select different theme" actually means "select different user login
theme" instead of "select different site theme" which I thought it
meant. Since it only affects individual users it seems more appropriate
to put that entry under the user module permissions not the system
module permissions.

With a bit of searching I found the Site Configuration
Permissions/Custom Permissions module which I think will solve my issue.
Still I'm a bit surprised this kind of functionality is not in core.

Regards,
Leonard.