[support] hardcoded links in menu

Marty Landman mlandman at face2interface.com
Sat Feb 12 20:29:06 UTC 2011

Working on a website where dozens of links have been hardcoded. This
is causing a problem because someone logged onto marty.com may
inadvertently click a link for www.marty.com, or vice versa, and gets
an access denied message.

Now my first question is, is this normal Drupal behavior, or is there
a place for me to specify something presumably with how cookies are
set to make this not even be a problem? Or is it not even Drupal,
just the way cookies work? I'm assuming that cookies are the root
cause of the access denied issue.

Secondly though I wanna change all these links in the
menu_links.link_path which say something like:

http://www.marty.org/?q=node/7   or
http://org/node/?q=node/13

to simply say /?q=node/7 and /?q=node/13.

Two questions on that:

1. is this the only change required for this issue?
2. am I right in thinking this can only be done programmatically ie.
there's no way to put together a one line mysql update query that'll work?

Thanks in advance,
Marty

--
http://www.face2interface.com/