[support] Dropdown menus in D7

Pierre Rineau pierre.rineau at makina-corpus.com
Fri Feb 25 23:53:33 UTC 2011

On Fri, 2011-02-25 at 13:09 -0300, Victor Kane wrote:
> My advice, as always, is to reuse code.
>

> Nice menus is excellent and works as advertised. Also, if you are
> making a theme based on the excellent fusion core, you have superfish
> drop downs for free.

A module that once good does not exempt you from using your brain. Nice
Menus was originally design to use CSS tricks only, and was *REALLY*
good. But now, it uses SuperFish jQuery JS script, and is not *that*
good. Code reuse is good when you have to reuse 1,000 lines of code,
core reuse is *NOT* good when it's about only 50 lines of code.

Pierre.