[support] How to show random images

Austin Einter austin.einter at gmail.com
Sat Feb 26 03:47:22 UTC 2011

Hi All

1. I debugged further, looks line "$directory = opendir("himg");" is taking
lot of time. The himg folder is in same path as that of page.tpl.php.
Not sure why ths problem is coming. Any input?

2. I just commented line "$directory = opendir("himg");" and declared an
array and harcoded file names.
3. After that I faced the problem with below two lines.

header('Content-Type: image/jpeg');
imagejpeg($image);

With this it is printing some junk characters in screen and after that it is
printing page.tpl.php file.

Any suggestions how to get-rid of this problem.

Regards,
Austin
----------------------

Hi All
Thanks for your input.

Out of curosity, I just put some PHP code (as shown below in blue and red
color) , and independently it is rotating images present in folder "himg"
properly.
I have a sub-theme myzen  (based on Zen theme). I have put page.tpl.php in
myzen\templates folder.
I added same code to page.tpl.php in head section. When I access site, it
takes more time and gets error "Time exceeds" and "SQL server gone away".

Can somebody point out whats gooing wrong here?

 <?php

function endswith($string, $test)
{

 $strlen1 = strlen($string);
 $testlen = strlen($test);
 if($strlen1 < $testlen)
  return FALSE;
 $diff = $strlen1 - $testlen;
 $strend = substr($string, $diff);
 return ($strend == $test);
}

$directory = opendir("himg");

while ( FALSE !== ($file = readdir( $directory )) )
{

 if(endswith($file, "jpg"))
 {
  $files[] = $file;
 }
}

//Calculate a random value

$which   = rand(0,sizeof($files)-1) ;

$imagepath="himg/" . $files[$which];

//print $which;
$image=imagecreatefromjpeg($imagepath);
$imgheight = imagesy($image);
$imgcolor = imagecolorallocate($image, 255, 255, 55);

imagestring($image, 30, 110, $imgheight - ($imgheight - 65), "Example
Text..", $imgcolor);
header('Content-Type: image/jpeg');
imagejpeg($image);
?>