[support] moving Drupal 6 web site issue

Vaibhav Jain in.vaibhavjain at gmail.com
Mon Feb 28 04:18:50 UTC 2011

Hi James,

According to what I have seen, drupal 7 no longer uses MD5 to save password
and hence they will not accept the old passwords in case of transferring
data from older versions.
I too faced this problem, the way i solved was, just click on lost your
password, and a process is followed, you can try that, or else you can also
try using "password-hash.sh" in scripts folder, to generate a password, and
directly changing it in DB. I have not yet tried generating a password from
this file, but if you dont get a solution, you can try this as well.

Regards,
Vaibhav Jain