[support] support Digest, Vol 97, Issue 33

prothero prothero at geol.ucsb.edu
Sat Jan 15 16:03:12 UTC 2011

Roger:
Yyou need to use the correct database name, username and password for
the database that is specified in the setups.php file. You also need
to have the right privileges for the user (see Drupal installation
instructions). In my case, I set up the database with the same name,
username, and password as the one on my remote server. MAMP used a
different port, so I needed to change that. I'd say to focus on the
setups.php file and make sure it has access to the database.

Disclaimer: I'm a newbie, too, but I think my comments are accurate.
Good luck,
Bill

William A. Prothero
http://earthednet.org/