[support] Drupal 7 on Fedora 14

Jeff jeff at wildcoast.com
Sun Jul 3 17:48:13 UTC 2011

On 03 Jul 2011, at 7:14 PM, chetan patil wrote:

> localhost doesn't work.
> but 127.0.0.1 works and I get Apache Fedora test page.
> locahost should work as it equals to 127.0.0.1
>

> or "localhost/install.php" as URL?
>

> This also not working.
>

> what is the output of "ls /var/www/html"
>
> Null.
> No output.

Where is Drupal installed?

You should place it either in the root directory of the web server, or
in a sub-directory like /var/www/html/drupal-7.4.

Then it should be available at http://localhost/drupal-7.4. Or in your
case http://127.0.0.1/drupal-7.4.

If it is working for the IP but not the hostname perhaps you could try
flushing your browser cache.

In any case, you should preferably add an entry to the hosts file
(like mydrupal, for example) and add a virtualhost entry in /etc/
apache2/sites-available/ and enable it.

Good luck.