[support] Drupal 7 on Fedora 14

chetan patil chtpatil at gmail.com
Sun Jul 3 17:55:10 UTC 2011

On Sun, Jul 3, 2011 at 11:18 PM, Jeff <jeff at wildcoast.com> wrote:

> On 03 Jul 2011, at 7:14 PM, chetan patil wrote:
>

>>> localhost doesn't work.
>>> but 127.0.0.1 works and I get Apache Fedora test page.
>>> locahost should work as it equals to 127.0.0.1
>>>

>>>  or "localhost/install.php" as URL?
>>>>

>>> This also not working.
>>>

>> what is the output of "ls /var/www/html"
>>

> Null.
> No output.
>

> Where is Drupal installed?
>
> You should place it either in the root directory of the web server, or in a
> sub-directory like /var/www/html/drupal-7.4.
>
> Files i moved to /var/www/
[chetanpatil at chetanpatil ~]$ ls /var/www/
authorize.php  icons               INSTALL.txt      README.txt   usage
cgi-bin        includes            LICENSE.txt      robots.txt   web.config
CHANGELOG.txt  index.php           MAINTAINERS.txt  scripts      xmlrpc.php
COPYRIGHT.txt  INSTALL.mysql.txt   manual           sites
cron.php       INSTALL.pgsql.txt   misc             themes
error          install.php         modules          update.php
html           INSTALL.sqlite.txt  profiles         UPGRADE.txt
[chetanpatil at chetanpatil ~]$

.htacess  is present too.

i also followed this:: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_install_Drupal

> Then it should be available at http://localhost/drupal-7.4. Or in your
> case http://127.0.0.1/drupal-7.4.
>
> no effect. i have tried.
do we get this after running the script.

> If it is working for the IP but not the hostname perhaps you could try
> flushing your browser cache.
>
> In any case, you should preferably add an entry to the hosts file (like
> mydrupal, for example) and add a virtualhost entry in
> /etc/apache2/sites-available/ and enable it.

/etc/apache not present.

> Good luck.

Chetan Arvind Patil,
+919970018364