[support] View at taxonomy/term/% to display descendant taxonomy terms as well as nodes tagged

Anthony Malkoun malkouna at yahoo.com.au
Thu Jul 14 05:12:41 UTC 2011

Hi,

My requirement is that given a hierarchy like:

Furniture
Chairs
Desk Chairs
Dining Chairs
Tables
etc.

If I go to taxonomy/term/74 (where 74 is term ID for Chairs) then I want to see a list of nodes tagged with Chairs and show links to "Desk Chairs" and "Dining Chairs", preferably with their taxonomy image and their description.  The first bit of this is easily solved in views using either the default taxonomy replacement view or by creating a clone of it, but not sure of the most "Drupalish" way to do the second.  I thought I might be able to do it with an attachment in the view and grouping on term but I don't think this will work for me.  Other ideas are either change the template manually, so at least the nodes are handled by views (what I'm leaning towards atm) or to have another totally different view that is a term view, rather than a node view, as a block and setting the block up to get the arguments from the URL.

Does anyone have a better idea or is this the way to go?

Ta,
Malks.