[support] Questions around 6.16 to 6.22 upgrade

Chris G cl at isbd.net
Mon Jul 18 18:12:45 UTC 2011

I am about to embark on upgrading a Drupal 6.16 site to 6.22.  I have
only recently taken on the existing (6.16) site and I'm still finding my
way around a bit.  There are a couple of things that I find a bit worrying:-

    There's no UPGRADE.txt file in Drupal core, I've unpacked the one in
    the 6.22 tar archive though so I can work from that.  It seems
    fairly straightforward if a bit complex.

    When logged in as administrator on the site I can't see the Home »
    entering the URL directly into my browser's address bar.  Is there
    some sort of configuration option that would enable/disable this?
    If not how do I get it back?

The UPGRADE.txt file step five says "Disable all custom and
contributed modules.", how does one know which modules are custom and
contributed?  Is there any easy/automated way of remembering which
modules are enabled so that one can turn on all the right ones again
after the upgrade?  Or does one just print out the web page and do it
manually?

--
Chris Green