[support] Drupal 7 installation on Win2k3 R2 SP2 fully patched - no joy

Kurt Buff kurt.buff at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 22:36:20 UTC 2011

All,

Just joined the list - I've been tasked with installing this for and
evaluation against DNN with the winner being selected for both our
internal and external web presence.

I followed the directions at http://drupal.org/node/1130898 on a fresh
VM from scratch, as noted in the subject line. The only variance I
introduced in the install process is that I installed SQL Server
Express 2008 R2 beforehand.

However, when I visit http://localhost/DrupalTest on the machine, I
get a 404 error. Nothing I've tried seems to work, including an
explicit browse to http://localhost/DrupalTest/install.php, stopping
and starting both the web site and the w3svc, among other things.

I don't see anything in the event logs showing installation errors,
and my my google-fu may be weak, because I'm turning up nothing in my
searches on teh intarwebs. I also checked the web log, and it shows a
404 for the attempts as well.

The only things that I note that might provide clues (I'm not an IIS
guru) are that:

     o- PHP is not referenced for either the site or the virtual
directory under Properties/Home Directory/Configuration/Mappings as an
extension, nor is there an ISAPI filter of any sort for the web site.

and

     o- Browsing to http://drupal.domain.tld from my own desk produces
an "Under Construction" page, vs.
http://drupal.domain.tld/install.php, which produces a 404 error.

Can anyone point me in the right direction on this?

Thanks,

Kurt