[support] Orienting Users around Groups

Steve Kessler skessler at denverdataman.com
Fri Jul 22 04:33:34 UTC 2011

Brian,

In terms of trying to control access to user profiles I would consider using
Node Profile (http://drupal.org/project/nodeprofile) if you are using D6.

In terms of contact forms I would consider wiring a module to handle this by
looking at the OG group(s) of the various users and evaluating access.
 Another thing to consider is a webform method.

These are just thoughts but there may be better ways.

Thanks,
Steve

On Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 4:19 PM, Brian Choc <bchoc at t4tcolorado.org> wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I'm trying to setup a site where the defining feature for users is
> groups.  It's straightforward to use OG to assign content to groups, but
> (beyond content access) most user functions still orient around users'
> roles.  Is it possible in a reasonable manner to reduce this focus on
> the role and assign things like profile visibility and user contacting
> permissions based on groups?
>
> Thoughts?
> Brian

Steve Kessler
Owner and Lead Consultant
Denver DataMan, LLC
303-587-4428

Download our Strategy Report on making CRM a Profit
Center<http://denverdataman.com/forms/using-crm-profit-center-strategy-report>