[support] Drupal 7 installation on Win2k3 R2 SP2 fully patched - no joy

Earnie Boyd earnie at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Jul 21 18:35:07 UTC 2011

Kurt Buff wrote:
> All,
>
> Just joined the list - I've been tasked with installing this for and
> evaluation against DNN with the winner being selected for both our
> internal and external web presence.
>
> I followed the directions at http://drupal.org/node/1130898 on a fresh
> VM from scratch, as noted in the subject line. The only variance I
> introduced in the install process is that I installed SQL Server
> Express 2008 R2 beforehand.

While it is likely possible SQL Server please note that MySql is the
stronger suit since that is what has been extensively tested.

> However, when I visit http://localhost/DrupalTest on the machine, I
> get a 404 error. Nothing I've tried seems to work, including an
> explicit browse to http://localhost/DrupalTest/install.php, stopping
> and starting both the web site and the w3svc, among other things.
>
> I don't see anything in the event logs showing installation errors,
> and my my google-fu may be weak, because I'm turning up nothing in my
> searches on teh intarwebs. I also checked the web log, and it shows a
> 404 for the attempts as well.
>
> The only things that I note that might provide clues (I'm not an IIS
> guru) are that:

Can you get a phpinfo() script to run on the server?

<script name="pinfo.php">
<?php
phpinfo();
</script>

Most of us use Apache and MySql so help maybe slim.  The install.php
script will actually display a page with questions for you to answer
primarily regarding your database.  A 404 error indicates you've not
configured IIS to recognize the localhost/DrupalTest as the "Root
Directory" of the web site but I don't know how to configure IIS so good
luck.

--
Earnie
-- http://progw.com