[support] Rather fundamental question - how to find how site is structured, e.g. where is the home/front page defined?

Earnie Boyd earnie at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Jul 21 18:42:07 UTC 2011

Chris G wrote:
> Well, I have now updated this Drupal 6.16 site to 6.22 and have also
> updated dozens of modules which were out of date to get rid of all the
> security warnings.  It was fairly straightforward once I realised that,
> in the main, all that was needed was to download and unpack the relevant
> module tar file and copy it over the old version.  I also read the
> release notes and did any extra cache clearing etc. mentioned there.

Just be aware that the copy over method for contributed modules may not
be what you want to do.  I highly suggest instead to remove the old
directory and then install the new one.  The reasons are varied but you
can have a module that creates new directories or renames files or both
and have more than one version of files in the directory.

--
Earnie
-- http://progw.com