[support] https and htaccess

tony maciejowski tony at tony-mac.com
Sat Jul 23 19:11:41 UTC 2011

I don't have access to these as I am being hosted on bluehost.
I read http://drupal.org/getting-started/clean-urls but the text is
outdated:

Location of index.php

For some server configurations, another change to the Drupal .htaccess file
may be necessary. Find a line that looks like this, near the end of your
Drupal .htaccess file:

  RewriteRule ^(.*)$ index.php?q=$1 [L,QSA]

You may need to replace index.php with the URL path to your Drupal
installation's index.php file (only the part after the base URL). For
instance, if your site's home page URL is http://example.com/subdir/, you
might need to use /subdir/index.php instead of index.php. If your site's
home page URL is http://example.com/, you might need to use /index.php instead
ofindex.php. This is necessary on some, but not all server configurations.

I don't find that RewriteRule line in my .htaccess.
I guess I will go back to the enabling the line <!--<meta
HTTP-EQUIV="REFRESH" content="0; url=http://www.tony-mac.com/drupal/">-->
at the index.html at my site root. At least that worked.

On Fri, Jul 22, 2

>>> http://www.site.com