[support] https and htaccess

Fahri Reza dozymoe at gmail.com
Sat Jul 23 23:25:06 UTC 2011

On Sat, 2011-07-23 at 12:11 -0700, tony maciejowski wrote:
> I don't have access to these as I am being hosted on bluehost.
> I read http://drupal.org/getting-started/clean-urls but the text is
> outdated:
>
> Location of index.php
> For some server configurations, another change to the Drupal .htaccess
> file may be necessary. Find a line that looks like this, near the end
> of your Drupal .htaccess file:
>
>   RewriteRule ^(.*)$ index.php?q=$1 [L,QSA]
>
> You may need to replace index.php with the URL path to your Drupal
> installation's index.php file (only the part after the base URL). For
> instance, if your site's home page URL is http://example.com/subdir/,
> you might need to use /subdir/index.php instead of index.php. If your
>  site's home page URL is http://example.com/, you might need to
> use /index.php instead of index.php. This is necessary on some, but
> not all server configurations.

What should be noted about those two are:
- drupal files and .htaccess are in different directories on each case
- url given to visitor reflects the physical directory
- "RewriteRule ^(.*)$ index.php?q=$1 [L,QSA]" match both cases

> I don't find that RewriteRule line in my .htaccess.

It changed to "RewriteRule ^ index.php [L]" in D7.
I think drupal will fetch the url via php and apply clean-url-parsing
there.

> I guess I will go back to the enabling the line <!--<meta
> HTTP-EQUIV="REFRESH" content="0;
> url=http://www.tony-mac.com/drupal/">-->
> at the index.html at my site root. At least that worked.

If you want to redirect http://www.tony-mac.com/ to
http://www.tony-mac.com/drupal/, i think you need another .htaccess on
your root (keep the one in /drupal).

Maybe something like this (untested)

  # use <FilesMatch> to purge everything in /, nothing to see here folks

  <IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
    RewriteEngine on
    RewriteBase /drupal
  </IfModule>

If RewriteBase not enough, remove that, and throw this instead :3

  RewriteRule  ^(.*)$  drupal/$1  [L,R=301]

fireh.