[support] Scope of user-defined content type field identifiers

Fernando Correa da Conceição fernando at jaguaribe.net
Mon Jul 25 20:30:21 UTC 2011

Em 25-07-2011 17:15, Andy Heath escreveu:
> Drupal 7.4
>
> Seems a bit wierd to me - field identifiers/labels on out-of-the-box
> content types behave as local to the content type - i.e. one can have
> the same identifier on fields in different content types (such as Title
> and Body example). And when I create a new content type I get these
> local names for free.  Yet when I try to re-use names in different
> content types Mr. "don't do naughty things" says "you can't do that
> because the name is already in use" - i.e. user-defined field names
> behave as if they are global.
>
> Is there some reason for this and any way around it ? Its quite limiting
> having to artificially choose different names for the same thing in
> different records (for example if I'm using a Tag field with its own
> vocabulary in more than one record - if I want to define a content type
> that has a Tag field I can't unless I call it something else because the
> name is in use).
>
> I'm a bit of a drupal newbie but learning fast.
>
> andy
It is because you can have the same field on many coontent types. As
example, i create a field with the name "image" and add it to a content
type. If i want a field with same name and same options on another
content type, i can just use that "image" field i created before, i do
not need to create a new field.