[support] Video in Drupal 7

Alex Adams alex at a2technology.com
Sat Jun 4 17:31:52 UTC 2011

I¹m new to Drupal and am working with Drupal 7.  I¹ve created a custom
content type to store videos.  I have the Media and Video modules installed.
I seem to have 2 options for working with video.

First I used the Video module.  It uploads and plays okay provided the file
is less than 8 MB.  I have changed the variable to 50 MB in the setup
section, but it continues to only handle <8 MB.  It also throws errors when
the node is displayed in summary or full view, even though the video is
displayed and plays.

Second I tried the multimedia option for the Media module set for video.
There are fewer settings.  It goes through the process of uploading I think,
but there nothing displayed for the video, just a question mark icon.

It seems that the Video module is the best choice, but it is in early alpha
for 7.x and has some problems.

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks,
--
Alex Adams

hawkVision ‹ see the elephant for what it is
A2 Technology Partners, Inc.
831-724-1397
alex at a2technology.com
www.a2technology.com