[support] CSS & JS on a CDN

Ms. Nancy Wichmann nan_wich at bellsouth.net
Thu Jun 16 15:22:47 UTC 2011

Thanks, Earnie.

Yes, I am aware of how to enable compression and its benefits (particularly regarding IE's 32 file limit). Clearly the site has not enabled those options.

I am not, however, fully versed in CDNs. I know they are theoretically dispersed and allegedly faster (although my anecdotal experience is different). I don't, for example, know how the data is supposed to be propagated into the CDN. Do most just pick up files as they are created? That would be fabulous and allow me to easily test the speed issue - assuming I get the job. If I have to physically push the file out, that makes it a bit more difficult.

Nancy