[support] Integrating completely unrelated pages into Drupal

DTH david at hartster.org
Tue Jun 21 23:33:46 UTC 2011

It should work with javascript as normal (at least a quick test page did
that included jquery from Google's CDN and then operating on the dom).

You're right that drupal_http_request gets everything including any html,
css etc and you're at the mercy of how well-formed they are. You could
either create versions of the pages which just output the exact html you
want (e.g. ignoring <html> and <head> tags) or you could manipulate it back
in drupal (explode on "body>"?). You could optionally run it through
something like HTML Purifier (can you run stuff functionally through
Drupal's filters?) if you don't trust your content.

Anyway - it was just a thought based on what could be a quick and dirty
solution.