[support] how to make a taxonomy term be a menu item?

adept techlists - kazar techlists at ade.pt
Wed Jun 22 12:31:42 UTC 2011

If someone can just point me to a docs page that explains this clearly
I'd appreciate it. This is for a volunteer project and i'm not posing as
a drupal dev, i am just trying to get a site's features fleshed out (see
www.microtopianyc.org) and am so far behind on my personal life I could
jump.

If there is no docs page on this, a short explanation would do and would
save my day. Here goes:

-- I am using Superfish menus (Danland theme). I have an Events menu
item that has Upcoming Events and Past Events child menu items.

-- I have created a vocab called Events with two terms: Upcoming Events
and Past Events

-- for each term I have specified a URL: upcoming events is at
"events/upcoming" and past events term is at "events/past"

-- i go into Menus and try adding a submenu under Events with the url
"events/past" for past events, for example, and click add. But no menu
item is created and no error is reported.

HELP.

What I'm trying to do is to display upcoming events under the Upcoming
Events menu item, and to display past Events under the Past Events menu
item.

Upcoming events should be sorted in date order, Past Events should be
sorted in descending date order. Since the Date module seems to be in
bad shape (I tried using it but it blew up my sandbox and I got no
response to the issue I posted) I will use the publication date as a
fake way of sorting the events the way I want them.

I tried using Views but it does not seem I can create a view for a
specific term, only for a whole vocabulary not a specific *term*.

I am quite savvy & techie, just not a drupal admin/dev! I just need to
be told or shown once and i'll get it.

Thanks in advance if anyone can bail me out here.

kazar