[support] Module created tables in Views?

Alex Adams alex at a2technology.com
Mon Jun 27 16:23:38 UTC 2011

Thanks Dave.  I¹ll look into those two references.
--
Alex Adams

hawkVision ‹ building highly agile worlds of knowledge
A2 Technology Partners, Inc.
831-724-1397
alex at a2technology.com
www.a2technology.com

From: "Metzler, David" <metzlerd at evergreen.edu>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2011 08:12:25 -0700
To: <support at drupal.org>
Subject: Re: [support] Module created tables in Views?

In order for views to deal with data in custom tables, you need to provide
support for it by writing special hooks into your module.  If you want to
learn to do this there¹s a link to the api documentation on the views
project page.

If you want to do just do displays/reporting against raw tables in your
site, you could also check out the forena project.  It¹s not as polished as
views for rolling stuff out to end users, but is pretty good for developers
familiar with writing sql.

Dave