[support] Saving and Retreiving Form Data

Warren Vail warren at vailtech.net
Sun Mar 6 23:47:27 UTC 2011

Kamal,

When I first saw your question, it appeared to me to be in the very initial
idea stage with out a lot of deep thought about the requirements.  In it's
crudest form it could easily be implemented with CCK to store resume's and
Taxonomy for people to identify (by simply clicking) the multiple skill sets
that they possess (after you build a list of them), linking the taxonomies
to the resumes stored as nodes could be accessed very quickly, BUT,,,,,

The problem is likely more complex than that.  Take skill sets for example,
you probably want to store more than whether they possess a skill set,
perhaps something indicating the degree of competence they have in each
skill set, then perhaps assigning these factors to their position in the
search result.

Next think about the resumes, often built on a series of work experiences,
storing them as a single node document might ease your storage/retrieval
problems, but not your search or analysis, where you may want to get clues
about competence from the time spent on each project, etc, which could get
hairy quickly.

You might also want to look at what other people who are doing this are
doing, check out http://www.dice.com <http://www.dice.com/>  or
http://www.indeed.com <http://www.indeed.com/> .  You are not entering an
entirely new area.

Warren Vail