[support] Menu's

Eric Sepich sepotovich at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 06:08:28 UTC 2011

On 3/7/2011 9:32 PM, Jeff wrote:
> On 08 Mar 2011, at 7:22 AM, Eric Sepich wrote:
>
>> I've posted this question a couple of times and read a book on
>> Drupal and so far I don't have any good answers. I have a menu for
>> regular users and it has two tabs entitled Home&  Table. I then have
>> a menu for Admin that has three tabs Home, Table&  Admin. I've had
>> someone tell me to use blocks but not explain how. I've had some
>> people say just set node only access on the page for Admin and it
>> will disappear for everyone else which is not the case at all. I've
>> had someone say to use the views module but not explain how to get
>> started doing that either so that did not work out. Can this be
>> done? --
> Picture the way that the Primary Links are always visible to everyone,
> but the Navigation menu is generally only displayed to authenticated
> users.
>
> Each menu (not menu item) you create automatically creates a block for
> itself. If you look at the Configure options for that block you will
> see how to display that menu for particular roles, or only on specific
> pages.
>
> HTH
This leads me to the same problem I had last time with Drupal 7. I go to
structure->blocks and "Main Menu" is listed under disabled. There is
such a cluster in that menu I'm really not sure how I'm even supposed to
locate the block for the main menu which does indeed exist for I see it
with my very eyes and there are three tabs.