[support] Menu's

Eric Sepich sepotovich at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 06:25:05 UTC 2011

On 3/7/2011 9:32 PM, Jeff wrote:
> On 08 Mar 2011, at 7:22 AM, Eric Sepich wrote:
>
>> I've posted this question a couple of times and read a book on
>> Drupal and so far I don't have any good answers. I have a menu for
>> regular users and it has two tabs entitled Home&  Table. I then have
>> a menu for Admin that has three tabs Home, Table&  Admin. I've had
>> someone tell me to use blocks but not explain how. I've had some
>> people say just set node only access on the page for Admin and it
>> will disappear for everyone else which is not the case at all. I've
>> had someone say to use the views module but not explain how to get
>> started doing that either so that did not work out. Can this be
>> done? --
> Picture the way that the Primary Links are always visible to everyone,
> but the Navigation menu is generally only displayed to authenticated
> users.
>
> Each menu (not menu item) you create automatically creates a block for
> itself. If you look at the Configure options for that block you will
> see how to display that menu for particular roles, or only on specific
> pages.
>
> HTH
Using this method I was able to create two separate menu's one for
regular users and one for admin people. It works great. It is very
deceiving when you have a default installation and the "Main Manu" is
listed as disabled under blocks. If you enable "Main Menu" in blocks and
put it in the header you will now have TWO "Main Menu"'s not just one.
Who would have thought?