[support] cannot login, index.php?q=user not working

Earnie Boyd earnie at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Mar 10 14:12:54 UTC 2011

Pooya wrote:
> I guess it's .htaccess problem. try to replace a new copy. If didn't work
> you need to disable theme from database and enable default garland and start
> debugging.

Why would this all of a sudden cause a problem if it weren't changed?

> On Thu, Mar 10, 2011 at 4:50 PM, Lluís Forns <enboig at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> My site was working fine (an old drupal 5) and suddenly  stopped
>> working when editing some views and themes (i think this is no
>> related).
>>
>> The system don't give any error when logging, but I can access just to
>> front page. Any hint? the site is
>> http://www.escoltesiguies.cat/index.php?q=user
>>
>> I have truncated cache tables, cleared cookies of all my browsers
>> (firefox, chrome, chromium, opera) with no luck.

You might try truncating the session table as well.

>> I have updated the core but it didn't work also.

What do you mean "updated core"?  You stated that it is an old Drupal 5
site.  Did you upgrade to Drupal 6 or the latest Drupal 5?

>> I thought it was cookie-related, but I updated my settings.php with
>> <?php
>> $cookie_domain = 'escoltesiguies.cat';
>> ?>
>> with no luck.
>>
>> Any hint?

Did the host update any server software?  Ask them.
Look in the watchdog table for clues.
Look in the httpd, php and system logs for clues.

--
Earnie
-- http://progw.com