[support] Creating duplicate content (on purpose)

DTH david at hartster.org
Thu Mar 10 15:02:16 UTC 2011

There's a some pages on a site where the content (and title etc) of
the node are identical, although the url (and it's place in the menu
system) are different. So for example Ideally I don't want to have to
copy and paste everytime the content is updated.

The main issue is having it in a second place on the menu tree:
creating an alias so that foo/item is an alias of bar/item, for
example, means that the bar menu is triggered at foo/item

One way I can think of doing it is creating a "master" node, along
with 'blank' secondary nodes, and using hook_nodeapi to use the
content from the master node when a secondary node is called. This
seems slightly hacky. Is there a module that already does this?

Alternatively, rather than creating the secondary nodes, can I use
hook_menu_alter or something to add a second menu item that references
the original?