[support] Why SubTheme?

Ryan LeTulle bayousoft at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 13:06:49 UTC 2011

my .02

Being a relative newcomer here I started off creating Zen sub themes for all
the reasons previously stated here.  I have since switched to the Basic
starter theme.  I just download, untar, rename, wireframe etc.  For me this
process is much more straightforward and pleasant.

When I deliver the theme to the client it is set in stone.  If a new theme
needs to be created then I typically download the latest and go from there
unless there are significant similarities then I would consider
customization of the existing.... hmmm

I may have just strengthened the case for sub-theming. O well :).

*

Ryan LeTulle*