[support] How does Drupal generate the stored password

prothero prothero at geol.ucsb.edu
Wed Mar 16 00:18:31 UTC 2011

More:
What I want to do is create the md5 hashed password outside of Drupal,
using the values in the 'users' table. This would, presumably, include
the username, email, and password.

If this is a dangerous thing to do re corruption of my Drupal site,
I'd be interested in hearing about it, too.

What I'm trying to do is integrate a shockwave movie into my Drupal
site. I know there are other strategies, but I have a login system in
my shockwave movie and will have to generate an md5 has to compare
with the Drupal stored hash. Alternatively, I could put my shockwave
content on a Drupal node that is only available to authenticated
users, and skip the login. As I think about it, that seems a better
approach. Then Drupal does a bunch of management that I don't need to
do in Shockwave.

Thanks,
Bill

William A. Prothero