[support] Adjust Node Reference Display Link

Fred Jones fredthejonester at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 12:51:42 UTC 2011

On a Drupal 6 news site, each article has a CCK field called author
which is a node reference. On an article page it says:

Author: Fred

and then links to my author node, i.e. node/6 or whatever. We now made
a very nice View called author/% so author/Fred shows a list of all my
articles. I would like that link on the author page to go to my new
author/Fred page not my node/6 page.

My ideas were:

1. Setup a forward (stupid idea)
2. Parse the content of articles and find that link and change it (not so great)
3. I saw once a module that lets you (I think) embed a view inside of
a CCK field. Maybe do that on author/Fred
4. Maybe just make a custom node tpl for authors and embed the view in there.

Any better ideas?

Thanks!