[support] Drupal 7. Memory error, other questions.

Ryan Letulle bayousoft at gmail.com
Sun May 8 23:46:28 UTC 2011

Have you tried the menu block module?

Ryan

i4

On May 8, 2011, at 6:20 PM, Jorge Biquez <jbiquez at icsmx.com> wrote:

Hello Nancy and all.
Thanks a lot for all your time.

That's maybe where I am lost.
I am on Drupal 7. I am sure that what I can do is simple, maybe some of you
willl laugh with this.
Let's say I have 3 areas, 3 school areas. Each school area has 4
departments.
What I want is that all the content is classified under a "menu" (I am not
sure now if I can call a menu) let's say a category. So when some content is
created use created under one Area and One department. So let's say is
content for Area 1 and Dept2, then the link menu would be:

- Area1
  + Department 2

And when I select to see content from Department 2, I should go to
-  Area1
   + Department 2

Menu, and I should see:

-  Area1
   + Department 2
      content 1
      content 2
      content "n"
      etc

But if I want to see content for Area1, Then I iwll go to menu

-  Area1

And should see:

-  Area1
   + Department 1
      content 1
      content 2
      content "n"
      etc
   + Department 2
      content 1
      content 2
      content "n"
      etc
   + Department 3
      content 1
      content 2
      content "n"
      etc

I am starting to belive that this kind of "data separation" should not be
done with menus. I am using the Main menu only, with a tab for each area and
inside each tab the menu corresponding to each department. But when I select
the main tab, I do not see only the content for that Area and the same if I
go to a department. It just do not work.

Maybe my explanations are not so clear. I am sorry in advance.

Thanks in advance for your time and for all the advices.. I will continue
trying and learning.

Jorge Biquez