[support] Drupal 7. Memory error, other questions.

Jorge Biquez jbiquez at icsmx.com
Sun May 8 23:18:58 UTC 2011

Hello Nancy and all.
Thanks a lot for all your time.

That's maybe where I am lost.
I am on Drupal 7. I am sure that what I can do is simple, maybe some
of you willl laugh with this.
Let's say I have 3 areas, 3 school areas. Each school area has 4 departments.
What I want is that all the content is classified under a "menu" (I
am not sure now if I can call a menu) let's say a category. So when
some content is created use created under one Area and One
department. So let's say is content for Area 1 and Dept2, then the
link menu would be:

- Area1
   + Department 2

And when I select to see content from Department 2, I should go to
-  Area1
    + Department 2

Menu, and I should see:

-  Area1
    + Department 2
       content 1
       content 2
       content "n"
       etc

But if I want to see content for Area1, Then I iwll go to menu

-  Area1

And should see:

-  Area1
    + Department 1
       content 1
       content 2
       content "n"
       etc
    + Department 2
       content 1
       content 2
       content "n"
       etc
    + Department 3
       content 1
       content 2
       content "n"
       etc

I am starting to belive that this kind of "data separation" should
not be done with menus. I am using the Main menu only, with a tab for
each area and inside each tab the menu corresponding to each
department. But when I select the main tab, I do not see only the
content for that Area and the same if I go to a department. It just
do not work.

Maybe my explanations are not so clear. I am sorry in advance.

Thanks in advance for your time and for all the advices.. I will
continue trying and learning.

Jorge Biquez