[support] Calendar for Drupal and Android

Jason Flatt drupal at oadaeh.net
Mon May 9 18:24:36 UTC 2011

On Sat, 07 May 2011 17:27:57 -0400 (EDT)
"Hakan" <agents at meddatainc.com> wrote:

> I am looking to for a calendar module to use on a Drupal-hosted website
> which can be synchronized with a calendar on my Android tablet, ideally
> in both directions.
>
> Is there such a module? Thanks.

After spending several hours this weekend doing some research and testing on
this for my wife, I can tell you this:
 * There is nothing currently that will do what you want done.
 * Using the Event module [1], you can share a Drupal calendar with Google
   (which can then be sent to your Android device), but you cannot add, change
   or remove the events on Google or Android.
 * The Calendar module [2] does NOT work with Google (there are several issues
   about this in its queue).

Here are a few other related items:
 * The Google Calendar API module [3] doesn't really exist.
 * The Google Calendar API (GCal) [4] looks like it might have some potential
   for someone who had time, knowledge and willingness to create something
   based on it, but it's also a work in progress.
 * The GCal Events [5] only displays Google events in Drupal blocks.

If there were something that did what you wanted, I would be using it to sync
calendars from three different Drupal websites.

[1] http://drupal.org/project/event
[2] http://drupal.org/project/calendar
[3] http://drupal.org/project/event_GCalendar
[4] http://drupal.org/project/gcal