[support] Help with moved site.. Access denied.

Roger arelem at bigpond.com
Mon May 9 13:23:46 UTC 2011

I have experienced this problem on my home pc when changing between
ubuntu and Fedora 14 on different hard drives and dread having to do the
same on our server.

I don't know yet if it works on a remote server but in desperation on my
pc I zipped the whole ubuntu Drupal7 site, everything, drupal7, themes,
modules, everything, then zipped the database using mysqldump.

Zipping the drupal 7 site meant that I did not have to mess with module
and theme versions, settings for those, etc.

On the other hard drive I set up a database with the same username and
password and used mysqldump to install the drupal7 database, then
unzipped the whole drupal7 file into /var/www/html/ on the fedora 14
disk.

I checked that settings.php contained the same database name and
password as the database then opened firefox localhost/newdrupalsite and
it worked with no errors or faults.

To experiment I am about to zip the whole Drupal 6.19 server site and
the database then try the same process to install that on my home pc.

I have had no success with recommended methods which produce the same
error messages that you get. We are not able to check nor change
apache2.conf or httpd.conf on the server.
Roger

Roger