[support] installing drupal as normal user on an AFS system

Pau vim.unix at googlemail.com
Fri May 13 10:52:38 UTC 2011

Hello,

how could I do this?

The admin here is a bit too paranoid and they say that they cannot
install drupa because of "security reasons".

I was wondering whether I could do a local install as a normal user
(but I am foreseeing problems with mySQL, too) on an AFS.

I find it extremely complicated to find out what kind of rights I need
for drupal to install correctly.

I am getting the usual warning:

"The Drupal installer requires write permissions to
./sites/default/settings.php during the installation process. If you
are unsure how to grant file permissions, please consult the on-line
handbook."

And I have not found on the guide anything on this matter:
http://drupal.org/node/202483

Am I the first person in the world trying to install drupal as a
normal user on an Adrew File System?

God, I mean google, says so...

thanks,

Pau