[support] installing drupal as normal user on an AFS system

Earnie Boyd earnie at users.sourceforge.net
Fri May 13 13:02:52 UTC 2011

Pau wrote:
> I am getting the usual warning:
>
> "The Drupal installer requires write permissions to
> ./sites/default/settings.php during the installation process. If you
> are unsure how to grant file permissions, please consult the on-line
> handbook."

I don't know AFS but the user executing the httpd server needs to be
able to write the file.  So however you need to change the permissions
to give the user executing the httpd server write permissions to the
file for AFS is what you need to do.  The same will be true for the
directory containing the settings.php file or you can create the
directory files in that directory before executing install.php.  The
directory files will need to give write permissions to the user
executing the httpd server.

> And I have not found on the guide anything on this matter:
> http://drupal.org/node/202483

You can offer to give advice for AFS for the documentation page after
you figure it out.

> Am I the first person in the world trying to install drupal as a
> normal user on an Adrew File System?

Perhaps.

> God, I mean google, says so...

I bow to the humble almighty often.