[support] Backup and Migrate

Roger arelem at bigpond.com
Sat May 21 17:02:18 UTC 2011

I had problems with Backup and Migrate because it did not copy all of
the drupal installation, themes, modules, views, etc and produced
errors. I did it manually.
I copied the database so it became an .sql file not a tar.gz or zip
file.
I copied all of the Drupal7 installation to the new hard drive space.
Created the new database with the same name and password as the old
version, did a mysqlrestore to insert all of the database information.
It does not  have to have the same database name, username and password
but you will have to make alterations to the settings.php if it's not
the same as the old version.

Checked settings.php to see that it pointed to the correct database and
password.
Went into mysql> show databases;>show tables; to see that everything was
in place and comparable to the original.

Then started drupal 7 and it worked as though it was still on the old
system. I ran update.php to make sure that the database was corrected.
It works.
And I did not have to fiddle with versions of modules and themes, etc.

That was my little adventure.
Roger