[support] change in format of security advisories

Greg Knaddison greg at growingventuresolutions.com
Thu May 26 11:45:11 UTC 2011

It's still available, but not as directly. The patches were provided
with the intent that people could use those to upgrade their site if
they are nervous about all the other changes (bugfixes, features) in
core. They may have facilitated your use case, but it wasn't a primary
purpose.

Now we provide two full releases: one that is the same as the previous
core release but with the security patches (6.21) and one that is both
security and all the bugfixes that have happened. This is easier for
most users because it doesn't require working with patch files.

If you really want to see the specific changes, look at

http://drupalcode.org/project/drupal.git
Click "log" next to the security only release so you see
http://drupalcode.org/project/drupal.git/log/refs/tags/6.21
Click commitdiff next to the most recent commit so you see
http://drupalcode.org/project/drupal.git/commitdiff/7c4e429b7fa771676a18321aac9896e86773891e

Regards,
Greg

Greg Knaddison | 720-310-5623 | http://growingventuresolutions.com