[support] change in format of security advisories

Ivan Sergio Borgonovo mail at webthatworks.it
Thu May 26 13:06:52 UTC 2011

On Thu, 26 May 2011 05:45:11 -0600
Greg Knaddison <greg at growingventuresolutions.com> wrote:

> It's still available, but not as directly. The patches were
> provided with the intent that people could use those to upgrade
> their site if they are nervous about all the other changes
> (bugfixes, features) in core. They may have facilitated your use
> case, but it wasn't a primary purpose.

I appreciate the addition of a security only full drupal archive too
but as you may have guessed not as much as the diff. Being able to
see at a glance what were the changes quickly looks a quite
reasonable use case as well.

Since there is no quick path to the right place of the git web
interface I think the new security advisory format lost an important
feature that shouldn't be hard to resurrect, that would make
unnecessary to bet on which format is serving drupal best.

> If you really want to see the specific changes, look at

> http://drupalcode.org/project/drupal.git

thanks for the pointer

--
Ivan Sergio Borgonovo